Dying Coraline Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since I took out all my rock and scrubbed it down. 90% of my coraline algae is dead or dying. What water parameters should I be keeping a close eye on?

I scrubbed them down last week did my testing and things were fine, and I just did my weekly 15 gallon(for 110 gallon) change today.

Since I took out all my rock and scrubbed it down. 90% of my coraline algae is dead or dying. What water parameters should I be keeping a close eye on?

I scrubbed them down last week did my testing and things were fine, and I just did my weekly 15 gallon(for 110 gallon) change today.

My first question is why did u take out the rock to scrub it? And my second question is, what's your calcium level at?

that was going to be my first ? too.

give it time it will grow back sooner or later

what happen is when you removed it and scrubbed rock you killed it off

It was scrubbed down do to a massive hair algae outbreak, among another type of algae (not cyano) that looked almost like a green wheat in the bed.
When I tested my calcium it was at a about 480 (API).

Since the scrub down I've already added purigen to my Phosban 150 and cut my feedings to 3 times per week. After the lights go out tonight I'll be cutting those to 7 whites and 9 blues( one hour before and one hour after)

that was going to be my first ? too.

give it time it will grow back sooner or later

what happen is when you removed it and scrubbed rock you killed it off

I realize I killed it off, I was asking if there would be any kind of cycle or mini cycle.

Ok thanks. So basically keep a close eye on my parameters for the next couple three weeks along with my water changes.

It was scrubbed down do to a massive hair algae outbreak, among another type of algae (not cyano) that looked almost like a green wheat in the bed.
When I tested my calcium it was at a about 480 (API).

Since the scrub down I've already added purigen to my Phosban 150 and cut my feedings to 3 times per week. After the lights go out tonight I'll be cutting those to 7 whites and 9 blues( one hour before and one hour after)

Im having the same Problem too. I don't know what it is but its not cyano. And I have it on my glass so i scrub almost everyday of i don't get lazy. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom