Eastern Blue Johanni compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darren86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I currently have a 130 litre tank with x3 panda cory, x2 opaline gourami, x1 Indian gourami, 1 brittle nose pleco and a blue ram. Was wondering if a Eastern Blue Johanni would fit into this peaceful tank? I only want one. What do you lot think?
Thanks in advance

Darren86 said:
Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I currently have a 130 litre tank with x3 panda cory, x2 opaline gourami, x1 Indian gourami, 1 brittle nose pleco and a blue ram. Was wondering if a Eastern Blue Johanni would fit into this peaceful tank? I only want one. What do you lot think?
Thanks in advance

I wouldn't recommend it. Johanni can be pretty territorial, especially in males. Not to say that it wouldn't work, but its not likely to. Most of the time you'll end up with dead fish. Not only that but IMO the johanni needs a bigger tank than that too.

Yea I opted out of that and got a rainbow chiclid instead. Having a bit of trouble with my male gourami tho, he's getting too aggressive and thinks he owns the tank! Any suggestions?

Darren86 said:
Yea I opted out of that and got a rainbow chiclid instead. Having a bit of trouble with my male gourami tho, he's getting too aggressive and thinks he owns the tank! Any suggestions?

Gourami are related to the betta and a lot of times don't get along with each other

Back
Top Bottom