eheim/jager heater calbrating issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim532

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have anEheim 100 watt heater and it worked fine for many months. I unplugged it in the summer and left it in my 40 gallon tank because in Southern Califronia we don't need a heater in the summer EVER. A couple weeks ago I plugged it ini And now it won't calibrate. It stays around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I just want to drop it down to &7/78 degrees. I can't believe this too much to ask.

I unplug the heater and follow the calibrations instructions to calibrate it. I have done this 4 times now. I have checked the tank with 3 different thermometers.

I have re-read the instructions over and over and watched 2 different YouTube videos to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.

I bought it in April of this year, Don't have a receipt because it worked fine for 3 months after I purchased it and most retailers wouldn't even consider a refund or exchange this far along anyways.

Any suggestions on how to get this thing working right?

Does it not matter what position you have the temperature setting on? It almost sounds like the temperature adjustment is hosed. The blue ring should turn and adjust while the red pointer is your calibration. How long have you had the heater?

I thought i purchased it in April but wife says i bought it in either February or March. during the winter it kept the tank at 77f with no issue. No cracks in the glass, no rust in the coil.

I think i will just order a new one. I got a response from eheim with a bunch of questions but they also want a receipt which i no longer have.
And by the time they make a decision whether to replace it or not, my tank occupants will either be cooked or shivering.

Back
Top Bottom