Eheim Pickup 200 (2012) alternative media?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikesabino

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I'm a noob so please go easy on me. I have a 63L AIO (Min Jiang M560) tank. I have in there an Eheim Pickup 200 (2012) working together with the built in top filter.

The top filter has the normal white wool and underneath it I added some ceramic rings and right next to it, before the compartment that drains the water back to the tank I have a packet of purigen.

The Eheim has half of the white foam it came with, and half of the carbon foam.

I have 6 guppies, 6 cardinal tetras, 2 albino cory, 1 bristlenose pleco, 2 neon green rasboras, 2 phantom black tetra in the tank.

Thing is I'm not happy with the overall clarity of the water, I'm wondering if there are some alternative media I can stuff down that Eheim 2012 to maybe improve clarity. If there are, how do I stuff it there (total noob yes).

I dont overfeed and I follow a weekly 20% water change with dechlorinated water thats been in the bucket for atleast a day.

Thanks for reading and hopefully somebody can guide me :)

Mike, your tank is pretty much maxed out with your fish population. You have a small tank and with that comes the need for either more frequent WC's during the week. Maybe two 25% WC's a or just one 50% WC a week. You might think of changing out the white wool in your filters and replace it with Aqua Clear foam pads. You can trim and cut for size. I use it in all my filters.

Mike, your tank is pretty much maxed out with your fish population. You have a small tank and with that comes the need for either more frequent WC's during the week. Maybe two 25% WC's a or just one 50% WC a week. You might think of changing out the white wool in your filters and replace it with Aqua Clear foam pads. You can trim and cut for size. I use it in all my filters.

Yeah, kinda got too excited with the fishes as my daughter kept pointing at stuff at the store.

I'll try to find those aqua clear foam pads, I have several Dymax filter media but the white one is still just wool lol.

Thanks for your response, I'll keep in mind that 2x25% or 50% WC weekly

With the A.C. foam pads, it's just a one time purchase. You rarely have to replace it. When the foam gets dirty, simply squeeze it out in a bucket of old tank water. Usually once every two or three weeks.

Back
Top Bottom