Emperor Tetra dying/ill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triivk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, new to this forum but was concerned about one of my emperor tetras. I have a recently cycled 250 litre (60ish gallon) tank, with 3 emperor tetras (I know that 3 is not an ideal number), 3 Buenos Aires tetras, 4 dwarf gourami, 6 neon tetras and 1 Chinese algae eater.

With a PH of 6.6, below 20ppm nitrate and no nitrite or ammonia, conditions are fairly stable. I have a canister filter, etc etc.

I noticed one of my emperor tetras was looking a little dull in colour, and notably smaller than my other two - this little fella is a lot less active than the others, and I am really worried.

Is he is just younger/different gender, or is it some sort of infection? Do I need to quarantine him?
(First attachment is afflicted fish, second is healthy)

Attachments

• FISHY.jpg
    FISHY.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HEALTHYFISH.jpg
    HEALTHYFISH.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 24
How long have you had the fish?

It could be a stress thing if its just been introduced to your tank and it not being in a suitably sized group. Is it eating?

Males do tend to have a little more colour, and i believe M/F have different coloured eyes, so maybe thats something to look for.

Back
Top Bottom