Enough room or too much fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiegs531

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi....
I am cycling my 125 right now and looking to stock it with some aggressive fish.....FOWLR.
Is this enough tank for the following species:
Volitan Lion
Huma Huma (Picasso) Trigger
Dogface Puffer
Miniatus Grouper
if possible, an Angler and an Eel

Thanks

It will be connected to a shared fuge with my 55 reef, plus have it's own wet/dry and skimmer.

I don't mind...
Excalibur. I got it used in a package deal. Ive heard bad things, but never experienced any.

I like to here that. So, what do you think about the quantity and size of the fish in a 125 tank?
I figure they'll all get to about a foot in length, at adulthood, with the angler maxing at 6"(guess). So, 54" of fish, plus an eel (maybe). Sound ok?

Like melosu said that is a lot of messy eaters in one tank. I think it would be ok as long as you add slowly and make sure you keep an eye on your water parameters as you go. I would give at least 2 months between fish once you start getting close to what you think is the max bioload on the tank. That will give you time to evaluate how fast your nitrates are rising and how difficult it will be to keep them in check. Keep in mind as they grow they will add more to your bioload. Heavy skimming and water changes will be required to keep up with those fish.

I agree with Pat. You`ll need to run the skimmer 24/7 and have to do weekly Pwc`s. And as stated above you`ll need to add very slowly. Maybe a couple months between additions.

Back
Top Bottom