Feeding while away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russ359

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find it. How do you feed your fish when you travel for say 4 days to a week or two weeks?

If it's a couple of days, I don't worry about it. Our normal feeding schedule is every other day anyways.

If it's over a week, the pet nanny who takes care of my dogs will also feed my tanks. I separate the food out into snack baggies and write the day/date on them for her.

thanks, but I do not have a pet nanny and we are in the boonies. Any timed release feedings available? automatic feeders? etc that one would recommmend?

Personally, I haven't come across any auto feeders that work well. I'm sure others might have.

Do NOT get the feeder blocks. They just dissolve and make a huge mess of things.

Do you have any neighbors you could ask?

I've heard that some of the automatic feeders are pretty good but I've never tried any of them. If I used one I'd probably put a very minimal amount of food in for each serving in case they don't eat for some reason.

I'm going away for a week ( next week) my dad has already bought some feeder blocks for the tanks, while I insist on a nanny. He says no, anything I can say to persuade him? The tanks are all about stocked full and require constant attention ( my attention)

Not anymore than they can eat, you dont want a ammonia spike while you are gone and not be there to do a water change, maybe feed them a few times at small amounts the day before you leave and do a big waterchange. They should be fine for a week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom