Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to a friends house until Monday. I put food in little baggies & I'm having someone come feed them while I'm gone.
Problem here is I have 3 preggo fish that are seriously ready to drop! I'm praying that they will right before I leave so i can take care of them & separate them!
Other problem I have frogs & don't really wanna put them in a 1 gal tank for the whole weekend with out a filter, only a pump! I mean I had them in there over night so incase she dropped while I was asleep they wouldn't eat the fry and it was dirty just from that... Also the person watching them knows absolutely nothing about fish! If the fry dropped she would just call me & it's not like I can do anything cause I would have no ride home.
I trust y'alls advice! Any would be appreciated! :)

Maybe you could get some kind of moss to spread across the aquarium floor. There are many aquarium plants out there that provide hiding places for fry.

I'll try to get to the store. I have some fake plants and moved them all in one corner and I turned my little pots upside down where they can get it through the bottom. Do you think the frogs will still get them?

Lexilove said:
I'll try to get to the store. I have some fake plants and moved them all in one corner and I turned my little pots upside down where they can get it through the bottom. Do you think the frogs will still get them?

Not if you densely plant. Moss is like the best to get. What are the names of the fish stores around you?

Petsmart, petco, and the fish bowl (their fish are horrible. Tanks dirty, dead animals evrywhere, smells horrible!)

Lexilove said:
Petsmart, petco, and the fish bowl (their fish are horrible. Tanks dirty, dead animals evrywhere, smells horrible!)

Well if you want moss petsmart won't sell it. Petco sells some a moss sold under the name "guppie grass". But don't get me wrong other plants will work too.

Okay thank you! I will try to get some if not I just tell my friend that they can just come over or I can have my cousin next door take care of them:)

Lexilove said:
Okay thank you! I will try to get some if not I just tell my friend that they can just come over or I can have my cousin next door take care of them:)

Your welcome! Glad I could help! :)

No you're good! Hah don't feel bad you helped me! And thank you SO much :D

So far I have added more fake plants (all I have thats just laying around) and I'm bout to clean my old breeder for the fry.
Totally off subject though I got some rocks! :)

Lexilove said:
So far I have added more fake plants (all I have thats just laying around) and I'm bout to clean my old breeder for the fry.
Totally off subject though I got some rocks! :)

I think the pots and stuff will really help.

Tomorrow night. & I hope they do! I have been going crazy about these lil guys and they ain't even here yet!

Awe well I hope they come tomorrow or tonight. Best of luck! And just do the best you can with the tank. If you need anymore help just private message me. :)

Back
Top Bottom