Female molly bloated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaphillips438

Aquarium Advice Regular
Florida full time, Kentucky in the summer
My female has been bloated for quite some time what do I do, she is in a tank with three other female Molly's and one Male molly and five corydoras the feed three times a day I have isolated her into hospital tank due to a fight that just happened she is very stressed out because the Male trys to pursue she 24/7 the Male doesn't try with any others

Fast her for a few days and then give her some de-shelled peas. See if the bloating goes down. If she's new in the tank, the chasing could be a territorial issue - btw, are you absolutely sure she's a female? If it's a case of mistaken identity no wonder the male is going nuts. Anyway, it's good that you got her out. If she's stressed out give her plenty of hiding places, make sure the light isn't too bright, and see to it that the water quality is perfect.

A picture would be helpful.

Fast her for a few days and then give her some de-shelled peas. See if the bloating goes down. If she's new in the tank, the chasing could be a territorial issue - btw, are you absolutely sure she's a female? If it's a case of mistaken identity no wonder the male is going nuts. Anyway, it's good that you got her out. If she's stressed out give her plenty of hiding places, make sure the light isn't too bright, and see to it that the water quality is perfect.

A picture would be helpful.
She has fasted for two days, yes I'm 100% sure she is female she is not new she was the first fish to go in the tank, I've had her in this tank for 3 months, after it cycled of course. I can't get a good picture of her she is currently hiding in the plants

Tbh, from that picture she doesn't exactly look very sick. If you say she had her last batch over a month ago then the timing would be just about right for another pregnancy. Is she showing any other symptoms besides the bloating, like erratic swimming, unusual poop, skin damage, lethargy, loss of appetite etc.? And how is she doing, anyway - any changes?

Tbh, from that picture she doesn't exactly look very sick. If you say she had her last batch over a month ago then the timing would be just about right for another pregnancy. Is she showing any other symptoms besides the bloating, like erratic swimming, unusual poop, skin damage, lethargy, loss of appetite etc.? And how is she doing, anyway - any changes?
No different she has been having long poops she won't let my Male mate with her so I don't think I'll get more babies from her

Have you thought about internal parasites? Nematode infestations frequently cause bloating and abnormal feces. Idk though, just guessing at this point.

Back
Top Bottom