fiddler crab or crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a blue cray fish, it looks pretty cool and they don't need anywhere to come out of the water, they can just stay in. I would only get one though, they become quite agressive towards each other after a little while.

id get a cray,imo there more interesting(ive kept both),and i never could get crabs to last,even though i ahd brackish water,a beach,etc

if you want to keep much else,neither would be a great choice.most fish dont like brackish water,and crays eat fish.

no fish bc there wouldnt be much water. has anyone had one? are the interesting? how do you measure brackish water? how many could i have in a 20 gallon long?

there interesting if you can keep them alive,when i was a noob,id just take enough salt to make 1 gallon of sw,and use1/5 of it to make a gallon of brackish,but you should use a refractometer or the other thing(dont remember name)

just as a heads up, I was at the river today, a few miles upriver from the bay, and there was a large colony of fiddler crabs there, so they can apparently tolerate full fresh, at least these could.

oh i just read that they have freshwater fiddlers and brackish fiddlers but in petstores theyre brackish. anybody have any idea how many i could keep in a 20 gallon long tank? and if they can breed in the aquarium and how to do it?

should i get sand or peebles for a substrate for my fiddlers? im thinking pebbles from a local stream that look really cool.

pretty sure they like sand so they can burrow,but if you supply plenty of caves,sand isnt neccessary

Back
Top Bottom