Fig 8 puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering how many figure 8 puffers i could have in 22 gallons. I have read some places that 10 gallons is fine for 1 but others say 15. I know more is better but 22 is what ive got. I was thinking that if i get one i would want some bumble bee gobies. I want something else in there but i dont want the puffer to destroy it. There is a chance with bumble bee gobies but as long as i have some hiding places it should be fine.

I have 6 BBG's with my pair of puffers (GSP) and they do great together. Hiding spots and breaks in line of sight help a lot. Even my ghost and amano shrimp do fine with my GSP, which make F8's look like puppies lol.

Figure 8 puffers are aggressive and do best alone.
as far as puffers go they are tame. a lot of people say to get more then one but i may get 1 with bumble bee gobies.

GSP's are more aggressive then Fig8's. What makes a snail really aggressive is when you feed it live foods like snails.

GSP's are more aggressive then Fig8's. What makes a snail really aggressive is when you feed it live foods like snails.

you mean puffer not snail and i plan on feeding it live and dead mostly dead food like raw shrimp or clams cause i dont have a big supply of snails

Back
Top Bottom