Figuring out how many drops of ammonia to use...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drm315

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to begin my fishless cycle today. I have a 28 gallon tank. I can't find the link that addresses how many drops of ammonia to use to begin the cycle. Any help is appreciated. I read a few minutes ago on an ammonia calculator to use 4.25 ml in a 28 gallon tank. Does that sound about right? Thanks! ;)

Yes, that does. I think I used about ~3 mL with a 20g tank.
After dosing, give it some time to dissipate and take a few readings to confirm the dosage. Happy cycling!

A med measuring syringe is a good investment. They cost about a buck at the pharmacy. I agree about 3ml. But hit it with two the first time and check ammonia level about an hour later.

I just finished my tankless cycling and it is exciting to watch your ammonia go from 4ish ppm down to 0 in less than a day cause you have such a happy bio filter. Lol
And yes. Measurements are good. I have a 10ml syringe for my testing and it was a great by for this.
Good luck.

Yes, found a children's medicine dropper this morning. That's what I plan on using! Thanks again, everyone! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom