Filter Injured Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aisforangelfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my four small angels got stuck behind my filter. It was an internal or submersible filter that sticks to the wall. Anyway, I took the filter out and isolated the still alive marble angel in a hanging container inside it's same tank so the other fish couldn't bother it but he is swimming in kind of stressed way and his side does look compressed behind his stomach on that one side he was stuck by. I'm going to give him time. I'd say he's got a 50 50 chance because he is still upright and his swim bladder might not be 100% but I've seen way worse. Anything anyone knows that might help him along? Ever had a similar fish survive? All other fish in the tank look fine and still have a ugf. The water tests still look great so I think the others are safe.
-Adam

Adam,

I agree that there's not much you can do other than watch. You may try treating the tank with mela/pimafix and make sure the water is clean.

If there are no cuts, scrapes, etc as Neilan mentioned, then a week of alone time will be enough to heal if he begins swimming normally again.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom