Filter Options 5 Gallon Hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrimsonBlayde

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Marineland 5 gallon hex filter just failed after one year. It has a three year warranty but the lady on the phone was quite rude and insisted I just needed to clean the impeller (which I do weekly and had done a few days before). She then accused me of not having enough water in the tank. It is at the rim...any more and it would be on my carpet!

Anyhow, every online site I go to is out of stock on the filter assembly, including Marineland itself. That could explain the ladies' reluctance to handle my warranty claim. She did say I could ship it to them and then they MIGHT send a new one to me.

We have two of these tanks. Thankfully being slightly paranoid made me panic and buy a filter assembly a while ago for emergencies. I was able to pop my impeller and biowheel into the spare assembly I was up and running in a few minutes. I am hopeful I won't have to re-cycle since the media was still wet.

Long story short, I have no way to bring in another spare part. I can pay to ship it and hope they feel like sending me one. Or, I can get something else. Has anyone else successfully used a non-standard filter with this tank? If so please share what you used and how you made it fit (appeqrance is an issue). Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom