Finally getting started...46g bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mlyons

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So....after a couple of years of stalking, researching, reading, and looking at an empty aquarium, I think I'm ready to get started. I plan to do fishless cycling with media from Angel's Plus, and am planning for a low-tech planted aquarium.

Current Equipment List
Fluval 206 Canister x 2
Fluval E Series 200w heater
Seachem Prime
API Freshwater Test Kit
CaribSea Instant Aquarium Freshwater Substrates 60lbs
Python Water Changer
Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Light

Stock List
5 x Boesemans Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia boesemani)
6 x Kuhli Loach (Pangio kuhlii)
10 x Marble Hatchet (Carnegiella strigata)
5 x Blue Pearl Shrimp (Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis var. blue)
5 x Yellow Shrimp (Neocaridina heterpoda var. yellow)

AqAdvisor seems to think all of this is fine...but what do you all think? Will this grouping work? I think that I have all aquarium levels covered...According to AqAdvisor I also have a little wiggle room left...Any tankmates YOU would add to this group?

Let me have it! I'm will to take all you have to offer - Good, Bad, or Ugly :thanks:

ReallY? Over 50 views and no opinions?

I am going to take your silence as approval...Since there wasn't any huge outcry of "STOP!!!! What are you thinking?!"

Here is my next question (if I can get a reply):
1) After I put my seeded media from Angel's Plus into my filter, what do I do next? Do I feed it fish food into the tank? Is that correct?
2) When things are established well enough to add my fish, what order should they go in?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The smaller fish should go in first - They have time to hide (shrimp) and get established and not freaked out before you put the larger (and inevitably more aggressive) fish in. This should limit the amount of deaths.

I don't think anyone would object to eating a shrimp

Back
Top Bottom