Finger Leather needs help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jace_242

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a finger leather that has been in my aquarium since late December. I'm somewhat new to corals and it was one of the first corals I added. Every day when the lights come on it grows to a huge size about ten inches wide and eight tall and looks quite happy. Recently I have noticed a number of white patches growing that are slightly indented like the outer layer is eroding away. I can tell they are gradually spreading and it has me rather concerned, does anyone have any experience with this?

As soon as I get my daughter down for a nap I'll post my water parameters to see if that's the culprit. My lighting is a coralife 48 inch light with Two 65 watt 10,000K and two 65 watt True Actinic 03 Blue fluorescent lamps.

not sure if photobucket picture links work here...
P3050009.jpg picture by Jace_242 - Photobucket

P3050010.jpg picture by Jace_242 - Photobucket

Sounds like a big finger leather, the stretch marks make me think he is on steroids, haha. Serioulsy tho I think that it might be getting ready to shed. I have a finger leather buy my experience is limited so maybe someone else has an idea.

hmm, he was shedding in December when I bought him so about two and a half months ago, do you know how often they shed?

They do it regularly I am sure that it depends on a lot of things tho. Not terribly familiar with them. Sorry

I tried to put two links to pictures in my original post up top, did they not work? I'm still trying to get used to posting pics

Back
Top Bottom