Finrot? Fungus? Tumor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meatloaf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 black phantom tetras in a 30 gallon community, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10 and two of them have this weird growth. One of them is isolating himself but the other is acting normal. There are little white dots that look like they are emerging from the bumps. I have treated the tank twice for finrot and once for some general cure. Link below for photos Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/oOoWIcw

It almost looks like a single ick spot in the top picture, but that is all I can see. One spot is surely not definitive.

It almost looks like a single ick spot in the top picture, but that is all I can see. One spot is surely not definitive.

I’ll definitely keep an eye out. Less then a month ago I treated for ich because one of my fish seemed to have it. I was wrong though, it was just a weird looking pattern on a black and white balloon molly. Thanks!

Some fish may have abnormalities on their fins, not specifically leading to death. Sometimes skin deformation, irregular size, amelia and others cases

Keep up the observations

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom