fish 911

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news! The pop eye on the rummy nose tetra is almost gone. Faces are bright red again. Purigen came in yesterday and is working marvelously. The Angel is looking slightly better as well. Now all I have to do is deal with the camallanus...

That is good news. I couldn't pick much off the screen unfortunately for the angel. Was it your tap water that is normally 20 ppm nitrate? Mine is about 5ppm usually but the tank about 40ppm.

Its my tap, I use prime to detox it until bb can chew it up. I think it was a number of things. Throughout this whole thing I've lost 12 fish. And I'm not even started treating for camallanus. Cross my fingers I don't lose any in that process

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Generally the bb don't remove nitrate as it needs to be low oxygen I believe which requires special filter setups?

Oh oops Idk why I said that. I've been sick lately and brain ain't in tip top condition. I mean bb can break down ammo and then prime can detox it(the then nitrates) until my purigen can get rid of it. I love this prurigen stuff. Works great. Saved a few ffish.

Yeah tell me about it. At least I have a kind of helpful husband. Although he really doesn't know squat... like trying to do a water change for me and not putting in conditioner @_o

Back
Top Bottom