Fish and insecticides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharpieItBlack

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I am having pest problems in my apartment. I found a few apartment safe things to try. Like powders or liquid spritzes to put along the floor/wall and the edges of windows. Will these at all somehow harm my 30g Goldie tank? It's mostly bugs and spiders I'm trying to keep out... one week I cleaned gunk out of my filter and found a live spider in it... yuck.
and I mean apartment safe as in it won't harm my neighbors or their pets or food etc.

I have heard that if you set off a bug bomb, to make sure you cover the aquarium for the entire time and until it's safe for you to go back in. Not sure about the other methods.

You need a cat. The rare bug that manages to get in, usually flying in through the backdoor, is toast when my kitties get wind of it.

But then, you would need to treat for fleas. x_x

Pretty sure it's the airborne sprays you have to watch out for. I live out in the country, and the neighbor was spraying his field. I made sure to go cover my small above ground pond thing. They're fine. *when the neighbor did this last year, it killed half our front yard...just one more endearing thing about him >:{ *

I'm worried about the sugar ants trying to get water out of my tank they are coming in right next to one of my tanks and I'm afraid one of my fish will nab one and get secondary poison.

Back
Top Bottom