Fish died???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did you replace any filter media with the last water change? how did you do your water change?

no. you should not change the filter media until it is falling apart, and if it is, there's a certain process you need to go to in order to change it successfully. :)

ok, thank you and after i get everything settled....what are good ideas for stocking this tank again?

Perrytheparrotfish said:
ok, thank you and after i get everything settled....what are good ideas for stocking this tank again?

Bristlenose pleco with some community fish maybe (platys,mollys,guppys ) or maybe some sort of cichlid hmm. Still a lot of choices kinda.

I don't think i want a pleco...my plecos pooped like maniacs and it made me clean the tank more. I also have a 10 gallon tank with multiple guppies, so i could move a couple of the males over. So if i had 2 male guppies, what else would work?

Perrytheparrotfish said:
I don't think i want a pleco...my plecos pooped like maniacs and it made me clean the tank more. I also have a 10 gallon tank with multiple guppies, so i could move a couple of the males over. So if i had 2 male guppies, what else would work?

Common plecos have a HUGE bio load I had to do a PWC today because my filter never sucks up his poo :( my bristlenose doesn't poop as much :) with the guppy you could have red cherry shrimp with them and a ton of other community fish like mollys,endlers,kribs and others. So you could add a lot to the 28 so I don't know all up to you :)

I would tear the tank apart and clean everything. You have no idea what killed your fish. A toxin/chemical/poison or a disease could have made its way into your tank. Bleach everything, rinse and let it dry in the sun. Throw out all filter media. You will then have to re-cycle the tank before new fish.

Back
Top Bottom