Fish for a living

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crow123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi before i ask my question i want to let you guys know i am currently a student in a community college in california

my question is that do any of you guys current maitain fish for a living? Does your job involved anything about fish? Im intrested because i have no idea what to major in and becoming an ichthyologist has come across my mind a couple times. I have been in love with fish for 10 years nows and it be a dream come true to have job relating to marine life of fish for that matter.

you can ask someone at Scripps Aquariums in San Diego if your near the area. Marine Biologist is prolly the way to go im thinking?

Hi, Crow123...
I don't do "fish" for a living, however I can tell you this!
Major in something that you enjoy since you will be doing it everyday for the next 40 years....
I believe in enjoying what you do for a living, it makes you better at it and you will excel!
Hope that helps some!

I totally echo Sunny! Money is nice, but it does not make up for hating your job! I can tell you from personal experence that I am much happier doing what I love for less money than hating my life and job for a big check. My advice would be to study what you love and try to do it for a living, and in all reality your major rarely has anything to do with what you end up doign for a living. Not to mention, there is always grad school to go a different direction.

Back
Top Bottom