Fish lineup for new aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I am trying to make the list of fish I will be stocking in my new aquarium and wanted to get opinions on the lineup. I am looking at the following for a 72G FOWLR aquarium, probably utilizing a Rena FilStar XP canister filter:

1 Bi Color Blennie
1 or 2 Ocellaris clowns
1 Yellow Watchman Gobie
1 or 2 Yellow Tangs
1 Azure Damsel
1 Cleaner Shrimp

I am kind of up in the air about the Cleaner Shrimp and the Azure Damsel. All of the research I have done seems to state that these fish are relatively easy to care for and can cohabitate. Any suggestions on the order of adding them to the tank or combatibility is appreciated. Also wanted to know about adding an artifical Anemone for the clown (worried about an artifical one looking cheap and fake). Didn't want to really get into a real one due to the upkeep required and the fact that I'm a newb. Thanks!

Looks like a pretty good list except it needs to be 1 yellow tang. 2 in that size will fight probably to the death. Also the yellow tang needs to be the last one added. Most folks will not agree with a tang in anything smaller than a 100 gallon tank. I think you will be OK with one tang. You might want to consider a yellow eyed Kole tang.

I agree that 1 yellow tang will be fine. Add as follows:

1 Yellow Watchman Gobie
1 or 2 Ocellaris clowns <go for the pair>
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Bi Color Blennie
1 or 2 Yellow Tangs <just 1>
1 Azure Damsel

Thanks ! What are your thoughts on the fake anemone

I would not have one. Your clowns will not host with it and it will be covered in algea before you know it. The clowns dont need an anenome to host. There is no guarantee they will host it. If you check out my images you`ll see mine hosting corals.

Back
Top Bottom