Fish Paralyzed, but will occasionally act totally fine.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madamayo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I just added fish two tetras to a new tank yesterday, new fish, all new setup, and today they seem to be laying around on the gravel, and I occasionally catch them swimming around like normal, but then sometimes they are just laying on the ground.

I conditioned the water, let it sit for two days with the filter, light, etc. running. Then I added the fish correctly yesterday and they were perfectly fine. Unfortunately my PPM tester and PH tester are still in the mail, but the temperature is fine; 76/77, and the water should be fine.

What I'm really wondering is if they are just stressed from being in a new tank. There are no marks on their scales, and their color looks absolutely fine.

Welcome!!! Please read the link above because your tank is not cycled yet. Do not add anymore fish until its properly cycled. I suggest doing 50% daily water changes with temperature-matched, properly conditioned water until you are able to get your test kit & can check for levels of ammonia, nitrite & nitrate- you then can adjust your water change schedule to keep your toxins levels under control (less than .25ppm). Good luck & dont hesiatae to ask questions! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom