Fish possibly stung?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know what happens to a fish if its stung by either a foxface or a bta? My half black angel is sitting still at the bottom in the tank (still upright) and looks like she can't swim. She always hides so I know she's not just sleeping. I even tried to move her and her top fins went up but she didn't swim away.

If it was a fox you would see a welt and the fish would probably die. My fish have swam into my anemone and been fine... Idk tho... It was a 1.5' eel so idk if that makes a difference.

Same sort of thing happened to me. I had an Eibli Angel, it was doing great for about 6 weeks. Added a bicolor fox face and the angel was hanging out right next to the fox face a lot. About three days later, the angel was dead.

Yeah my angel hung out by my foxface a lot too. But I did just have a few days without power and the angel only got shipped last Friday to me. So I'm guessing maybe it just wasn't well. It acted fine though. Strange. But yeah it died shortly after I posted the first time. I always told my husband with freshwater angels, they call them angel fish because as soon as you get them home, they die. Might be the same for saltwater! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom