Fish Scared of Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyzzleT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 10g setup with 6 ember tetras. And I notice that every time i come in the room, they jet to the corner and stay there until I leave.

Any idea on how to train a fish to not hate me? lol. I can train dogs..probably not fish lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can definetly train fish im not sure how many methods thier are to do it but i know its possible.
They tested goldfish memory by training them to swim through a hoop for food and then waited a few months up to a few years to see if they remembered the trick... they did :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I figured they could be. My betta comes to the surface every time I come in the room in hopes of getting food...my tetras just havent figured out that im not trying to kill them i guess lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol they will figure out you bring food eventually most of the fish in my tanks come up and get excited to see me and the wife

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My GBR gets so cited every time I enter the room, same with puffer. They'll get used to you eventually.

Maybe move the tank to a slightly different location?

Over time i'm sure they will be just like your betta and beg for food!
The majority of my tank swim to the top as soon as they see me lol

Must... Resist... MTS!!

My JD hides in her caves from everyone but me. When I get home from work she comes to the front of the tank and greets me. Probably because she knows the hand that feeds her but nonetheless differentiates me from other people.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom