fish wall layout help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waffle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have stated gathering up supplies for my 125 in wall reef build and plan on hiding all the equipment behind the wall its 11'x7' I really want the 6' long tank to sit in the middle of the wall leaving 2.5' on each side. I also have a 55gal(sump/fuge). 20h (qt). 30b (either dsb or seperate fuge), a css 220 imma upgrade to a reef octopus hard plumed to the sump, and perhaps a dosing station

when i built my in wall tank i built the stand all the way across from wall to wall. Without the tank it look like a bar with doors under the tank. I took measurments and made marks where the tank sits then used metal studs to build the rest of the wall. There is 2.5 to 3 feet on both sides of the tank for things i need to keep up high away from kids. The one side has a QT tank and the other has supplys. I put locks on the doors and i store stuff and all my filters and sump is under there.

Sorry wasnt sure what your question was so i hope this helps

Thanks it helped.. wouldn't the metal studs rust if any water got on them?

waffle said:
Thanks it helped.. wouldn't the metal studs rust if any water got on them?

They are metal studs made of Galvanized steel so they will not rust. The wall is also finished on both sides of those studs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom