Fishless Cycling Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DejaloLove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

I just started my fishless cycle setup this weekend. I think I FINALLY got the ammonia down to around 4ppm. However, since I initially put way too much in and had to do partial water changes multiple times to get it anywhere close to where it should be, I now have no idea how much to put in to dose it back up to 4ppm once it starts to drop. I have a 20 gallon tank and was wondering if anyone had an idea around how much ammonia they added for theirs? Or any suggestions on how to go about adding it to avoid raising it to high again? I'm still not completely sure if it's at 4ppm, but the testing color looks a lot lighter than it did at first. I think all shades of green may be starting to look alike to me though. :p

Oh my god, thank you so much! I wish I would have looked for that first. No wonder it was so much higher than it should have been! When it said small amount, I didn't think it meant that small. Lol. Hopefully I've got it all evened out now though!

Back
Top Bottom