Flame Hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been looking into adding one of these to my 55 gal tank, but I wanted to see if any of you have ever owned one and if they have caused you trouble in a reef setup. I don't have any corals yet, but my live stock list atm is an ocellaris clown, blue damsel, bi color blenny, and bi color psuedochromis along with my small CUC of 5 turbo's, a nassurus snail, 2 emerald crabs, and 2 cleaner shrimp. The max size of the Flame is only 4 inches and I would be getting him at around 1-2 inches, would he possibly eat any of my current tankdwellers once he reaches max size?

Yeah I was thinking about that too, but atm the blenny has a nice little condo dug out in one of my live rocks (sort of like an underwater praire dog) and he pops in and out of it, kinda cool to watch. The psuedo is about 2 1/2 inches now and they can get to 4, but if he continues to pig out like he does I could see 5 in his future lol.

Guess I'll just do some more forum searching and see if anyone has kept one of these puppies in their reef tank before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom