Flying polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markh30

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went through the process of adding live rock to my aquarium. I have three powerheads running which produce a medium water flow. I'm ready to start adding items to the aquarium such as coral, polyps, etc. I went to my lfs and picked out some kind of polyp. It's a small rubbery looking thing with about 5 arms sticking. Anyway, when I put the polyp on top of the live rock, the waterflow literally took the polyp and knocked it off the rock. It then started rolling on the floor of the aquarium. No matter what I did, the polyp would not stand still. Do these things eventually latch on to something? Maybe it doesn't like waterflow at all?

Use CA glue and glue ot to a rock. Would help if you can get a better ID on the Polyp too...

you could use wedding veil to hold it in place until it attaches. I've also cut up the mesh bags that onions come in (be sure to wash it well) Just drape the mesh over the coral and use a couple of rubber bands to hold the mesh in place. Hope this helps.

The wedding veil works good with mushrooms... The gluing is more for small polyps...

They all seem like good ideas. I've never heard of calcium glue. I actually giggled when I read that. Any idea where you can buy that?

Heh, its not calcium glue, is cyanoacrylate glue (CA for short). Cyanoacrylate glue is basically your standard household superglue, just make sure the glue you get is just cyanoacrylate and does not have other additives in it.

I'm curious.. How do you use the CA to glue the polyp to the rock? Can this be done under water?

Back
Top Bottom