for a reef tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
do you need a "reef ready" fish tank??? Will one with regular glass on all sides work?

welcome to AA. you found a great place. the good people here have taught me alot of what ii know about reef keeping. listen closely to everyones advice . it can really help you make choices in the future

reef ready refers to the built in overflow box and the tank being pre drilled to accomodate a sump below the tank. these holes are used for a drain and a return line. you dont need to use a sump but it really helps build a healthy reef enviroment and a cleaner look. you can hide heaters and other items in the sump

steve r

so will a non reef ready tank work as well as a "reef ready" ?? I need to know asap as tomorrow I am going to pickup a non reef ready tank for $350.00 with stand (135 gallon)

Does that seem like a good deal?

It will still work you`ll just have to get one or two HOB overflows if you have a sump. If you are not then you dont need an overflow.

ok so I will be ok to buy a regular tank and get an overflow, correct?

Back
Top Bottom