Fresh/salt driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm curious, I'm here in Maryland, and often frequent the patomic and other brackish rivers. If I was to find some nice driftwood is this brackish soaked wood safe for fresh water?

Or would I be better off looking in fresh rivers/steams when I'm out fresh water fishing?

You think a little salt is going to hurt a stone cold killer like a grammode, no way! But seriously just soak it for a couple of weeks with some water changes every couple of days. I look forward to pictures since the right piece of driftwood makes a tank in my opinion.

Thanks for the info. And yeah there is a monster piece at my fav, fishing hole. It's roughly 5 feet long or so. I pulled half out the water a week ago. I don't know what I can do to soak the whole thing. But I do have a power washer that I can blast the parts that won't fit in the 55g trash can I have. And yeah it's more then likely going to be the gramms tank. Haha. He's growing soooooo painfully slow lol. About 1/4" in 2 months. And that's with 2 wc's weekly :( haha.

Back
Top Bottom