Frog Food For Hermits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I needed to get some food for my two hermit crabs, but the only thing I had was some leftover Grow-a-Frog food. I put a couple pellets in for them, and the greedy little guys started munching. My question is, will this food be okay for them, or do they need a hermit specific food, and what food would you recommend? The ingredients of the frog food are as follows: fish meal, corn distillers dried solubles, soybean meal, brewers dried yeast, dried blood meal, meat and bone meal, dried whey product, dried kelp, salt, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, vitamin b12 supplement, lecithin

It also says:
Crude Protein Min. 50%
Crude Fat Min. 15%
Crude Fiber Min. 2%
Moisture Max. 12%

Is this food healthy, or not?

You should be fine with the Grow a Frog food untill you buy the hermit crab food. A good brand of crab food is Florida Marine Research. You can also feed him a variety of fresh foods like mango, papaya, coconut (fresh or dried), apples, applesauce, bananas, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, melons, carrots, spinach, watercress, leafy green lettuces (not iceberg/head lettuce), broccoli, Grass, leaves and strips of bark from deciduous trees (no conifers), nuts (unsalted nuts), peanut butter (occasionally), raisins, seaweed (found in some health food and grocery stores for wrapping sushi), crackers (no or low salt), unsweetened cereals, plain rice cakes, popcorn (plain, air popped, can be given occasionally), cooked eggs, meats and seafood (in moderation), freeze dried shrimp and plankton (found in the fish food section at the pet store), brine shrimp, fish food flakes

Back
Top Bottom