Frogspawn issues??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PowderBlueTang245

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased a frogspawn from my lfs and it looks like 1 of the braches are detatching could it be water flow to strong ? Does it look like a coral stung it? Its about 5 inches away from my carnation tree Is it in bad health i dont know water params amm 0.25 trite 0.25 trate 80 i know.. Im gettin it under control

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 100
That bottom head is definitely about done, but the rest doesn't look too bad. I would think it's the ammonia it doesn't like. I have no idea about the flow.

From the coloration I see I would guess that you may have insufficient lighting as well. The parameters definitely need to be brought back to a good range though (0,0,-20)

Agree that the organic levels are too high. They are pretty flexible as to lighting IMO, but high ammonia or phosphate levels will do a number on it.

I just purchased a frogspawn from my lfs and it looks like 1 of the braches are detatching could it be water flow to strong ? Does it look like a coral stung it? Its about 5 inches away from my carnation tree Is it in bad health i dont know water params amm 0.25 trite 0.25 trate 80 i know.. Im gettin it under control

From personal experience with my Frogspawn I've come to the conclusion that their fleshy bodies are not tolerant of extreme point-flows as created from some powerheads yet they will do well in medium or high diffuse flow.. Initially, they are a challenge to acclimate and I highly recommend spot feeding it, if you haven't considered doing that.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom