Glass Anenomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfisher1139

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I have this piece of live rock that is absolutely infested with these glass anenomes, and I was thinking it might be better to remove the rock completely, soak it in a bucket of salt water, scrub it with a clean brush, and basically starve any thing left over for a few days in the bucket. But my real question is : A)Will that work?, and B)Will it cause a spike when placed back in the display tank?, oh and C)Would it be better to just toss the rock (kinda ugly anyway) and get established rock from my lfs to replace it? Help me out guys. For the few that have spread beyond this rock I plan on using injected lemon juice, and doing 1 or 2 every other day so I don't ph spike.

sell it to someone with a copper band haha seriously tho ask around before you pitch it someone with a copper band or a filefish might trade you or give you something for it.. i know i would have when i couldnt get my coppperband feeding

OK, I removed all the rocks with anenomes on them (about 3 lbs worth), and the ones just sitting in the sand got scooped up and removed, so hopefully the one attached to the glass is the last one I have and I can be done with these things. I'll go tomorrow and grab some established rock from my lfs. Yeah, I pay a pretty penny for it, but it comes out of well established tanks.

Dont throw them out, add them back to the tank when everything has died and been cured

If you can remove the rock, just burn the Aips out with a lighter or propane torch. Then you can just add it back to your DT.
Use a little over kill to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom