Glass cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
Heading out to petsmart I need a scrubber for the inside of the tank. I have read that the magfloats can scratch the glass . So I'm just going to get. A stick one. Also what cleaner should I get for cleaning he out side of the tank?

Just use glass cleaner for the outside. I use a magfloat, and it works good. I have been using it for over 5 years...maybe once a month.

Call me old school, but I just use a regular algae scrubbing pad and some elbow grease. Works like a charm.

As for the outside, windex and newspaper! Yeah, newspaper. I bet I'm going to get some interesting responses on that one...

David

Call me old school, but I just use a regular algae scrubbing pad and some elbow grease. Works like a charm.

As for the outside, windex and newspaper! Yeah, newspaper. I bet I'm going to get some interesting responses on that one...

David

Newspaper works great on glass. I use newspaper for my car, and sliding glass door. For some reason I don't use in on the aquariums...

David

What's a news paper :p I don't get one I read online

Sadly newspapers are going to be ancient history! I had a paper route! Wow...and then we will all have streaky glass. Haha, the Internet! What a crazy thing.

I know this probably goes without saying, but Im going to say it anyways. Make sure you squirt the glass cleaner onto the rag (or whatever) away from the tank. You dont want to get any in the water. Im pretty paranoid, so I actually go into a different room all together.

I know this probably goes without saying, but Im going to say it anyways. Make sure you squirt the glass cleaner onto the rag (or whatever) away from the tank. You dont want to get any in the water. Im pretty paranoid, so I actually go into a different room all together.

I just got this

image-1301393551.jpg

Back
Top Bottom