Glofish danio acting very sluggish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecostomus129

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everybody,
I just got 3 new glofish danios to go with my plecostomus in his 45 gallon aquarium. They all had been acting fine as of last night, but one of the glofish has just been sitting up by the filter and airline tubing and not moving much. The other two glofish and the pleco are acting fine, and they have all been fine since I got them about two weeks ago.
He seems to look fine, but I have attached a photo of him. Please help! I hope he is ok.
Thank you!
-Plecostomus129
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389123203.177907.jpg

Danios need to be in school of 6 or more. I won't buy glo danios, they are genetically modified fishs, and are not hardy as the natural ones... They live for 6 month, 1 year if you care enough...

For the first day, they will hide, they acclimating...

I had this problem with lampeye... I've put 3 in a tank, one was hiding like yours. I did same with two glo danios, a pink and a yellow, the pink was chasing everything in the tank, and the yellow was hiding like this. I will say add 3 more danios of the same color.

Did you mixed the colors ?

Yes, I have mixed colors. Does that really matter though? I was already planning to get 2 more, but the water wasn't ready, but I will get the other 2 ASAP.

Oh, by the way, the orange one is hiding, but I also have a blue and yellow-green one

Also, the power went out last night, and the temp dropped about 4°, but he was fine once it came back on, and the temp is normal now at 78°.

The problem with glo danios i think is that each color is not the same species... it's genetically modified...

I'ld add 3 of each color, so they'll all be happy :)

and 4 degress is harmless to your danios. 4 degrees ONE SHOT can be stressfull, but 4 degrees F° over a night is ok.

Did you cycle your tank? What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels? I have had schooling fish in smaller than ideal numbers before, and they never sit at the surface. That seems like an indication of a water quality problem to me.

Ok, well sadly my poor glofish died. :( I think he was sick to begin with though. He was never swimming with the others, and didn't eat much. The other two are fine, and I will be getting three more today to keep the others company. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom