Glowlight tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermazz9

Aquarium Advice Activist
My boy's babysitter bought my son 3 glowlight tetras for his birthday. That was in march. I don't think they've grown much since, they just sit in the same spot day after day, and the really wierd thing is, I don't think I've ever seen them eat. They must eat something, I mean, they're still alive right? But they don't even move! Are they nocturnal feeders? I don't think I've ever seen them move then, either.

Does anyone else have glowlights, and have you seen them eat?

Freaky!

Glo-lights are very active schooling fish. Mine hang out right in front of the tank. What kind of condition is your water in?

What size is the tank? Glowlights are schooling fish, meaning 6 is a better number to have. Mine are very active and each very good. They aren't nocturnal and should be active during the day.

I hope the tank is atleast a 10g.

My glowlights are very active in my tank and eat very well! They do like to be in schools larger then 6.

The males are quite a bit smaller then the females so maybe thats what you have.

Everyone is correct :) If the glowlights are acting shy, it's because they would feel more comfortable in a larger group. Could your bioload and tank size handle 3-4 more glowlights?

I suppose I could get more...I've got a 29g and I suppose I could make room for another three...but then what if I have 6 of the buggers loading around the bottom corner of my tank? Bunch of deadbeats! Go get a job, you freakin glowlights!

Back
Top Bottom