Going bigger.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMalta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently I have a 5 gallon s/w with about 10lbs of LR sitting in a spot where I would like to upgrade it to a 15/20 gallon - something in the range of 27 inches long.

How do I do this? There is one fish and one coral. Do I drain some water, lift it up (since its 5 gallon it cant be too heavy) place it down somewhere else and set up the new tank piece by piece?

That would probably be the easiest way, since it's so small that shouldn't be too hard.

a 29 gallon tank is 30", or you could go with a 20H which is 24".

Awesome. And if I'm taking everything out of the old tank do I need to re-cycle or should my fish and zooanthid be ok?

A 29 would be great. But 30" is too long for my table. :/

If you transfer everything over at once, making sure everything stays wet, you probably won't see much of anything. Stirring up the sand that much may give you a little cycle, depends on how much sand and how old your tank is.

I agree with the transfer plan except I would use new sand. Just save a cup of the old to seed the new.

So I plan on doing this today. Should I use new sand and seed it with old or should I transfer it all over?

hey MrMalta i just checked out your 5gal nano and i was wondering what you thought of those ligths you bought, did they work good for you? i am going to do a 5gal nano for now and am looking for some suitable lights. sorry for the slight topic change.

I love the lights. They are excellent and light up the 5 gallon perfectly. You can get them with 4 actinic or 4 white, or 2 and 2 which is what I use.

Back
Top Bottom