Goldfish problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DFT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend has recently gotten me a goldfish for valentines day. My friend Not knowing anything about fish put it in a small tank probably five gallons its never been cycled has no filter. I am unable to get a filter for it until next weekend and I have been doing about 3/4 water changes every day. It seems to get a lot and I'm concerned about it living a short life or dying painfully. I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find anything about what to do.

I think you are on the right track with your water change schedule. Use Seachem Prime dechlorinator.

As you realize, he needs a bigger aquarium and good filtration. Now that he's here you will be doing a fish in cycle. If you have an established tank you can use some media or gravel from it to seed your new tank.

I think you are on the right track with your water change schedule. Use Seachem Prime dechlorinator.

As you realize, he needs a bigger aquarium and good filtration. Now that he's here you will be doing a fish in cycle. If you have an established tank you can use some media or gravel from it to seed your new tank.
It is a fancy goldfish witch I know don't get as big but they still get around 6 inch
The only problem is that my only tanks are a 10 gal witch needs to be cycled and my 20 gal witch is tropical so no goldfish in there. I was thinking of getting a bowl filter until he gets big enough and then move it into a custom acrylic tank

Hello, I'm not saying all fancies get this big but its food for thought. Min tank size is 20-30gal for 1. 10 gal for each addition. I bought 3 on impulse & put in 29gal then I saw this pic so now in 55gal. Hope this helps!Screenshot_2019-02-01-06-31-10.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom