Goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCieParagon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is my goldfish tank. As you can see, it's heavily planted. CO2 is injected with other minerals daily.

It's 20 gallons, with a single goldfish. 2 fluval filters are on the back.

Do you think it would be OK to add some cherry shrimp?

Sent from my D6708 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1437944103591.jpg
    1437944103591.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 91
The temperature is set to 72 degrees in case you're wondering. The tank has been in existence for a year.

Sent from my D6708 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know if goldfish eat shrimp or not, but if they are very small shrimp, I think they might.

I'm thinking of adding like 6-8 of them. Maybe they'll breed. There is so much cover for them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well a large goldfish would probably have a feast with baby shrimp.

I say go ahead and try it. You never know what will happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the goldfish will eat them. Mine ate all the snails out of their tank.

Nice tank!

I'd recommend ghost shrimp over cherries, but there is a lot of hiding space in your tank so the cherries may work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Bad results. I bought 6. After 1 day, I found 3 sucked up through the filtration and freed them. A few hours later, I couldn't find any of them. I'm guessing they were eaten.

Do you think apple snails would be ok? I'd like some kind of animal life other than one fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had a planted 55 gallon with 2 goldfish and 6 zebra danios. I liked having ghost shrimp in the tank but once the goldfish got big enough they ate literally everything. plants/shrimp/danios. Apple snails will work I had a bunch that got to be pretty big but just watch out because they will get caught in your filters and die. the apple snails can also reproduce relatively easily. Also watch out for the apple snails trying to sneak out of your tank.

Back
Top Bottom