Good deal???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Guy wants to sell me a 150 gallon 6 ft tank with starfire for 350. Just the tank

Not sure what the going rates are for used tanks where you live...but it's common to see tanks only for about $1/gallon tank in Sacramento near where I live. Up to you if you really want that starfire pane. How have other deals looked where you live? Have you been looking for some time now?

if its just the tank then id pass...rule of thumb is to never buy a used tank for more then a $1/gallon..if he doesn't wanna sell it any cheaper then someone else will soon enough. Key to CL is patience and you can save some major money

Have you tried talking to all your lfs about people selling their tanks..you'd be surprised at the deals you'd find just by asking some of the employees if anyone has tried to sell them a used tank/equipment

No go on lfs. Cl is mostly small tanks or complete setups. I've been watching for 5 months religiously. Most of the 125/150s are 450+ and aren't reef ready. I don't nessicarliy need the rr but I prefer it. Chicago Milwaukee area kind sucks for this stuff right now. The people who have money are keeping their nice tanks. Those less fortunate have 90 gallon and smaller need not apply. I went and took a look at it today and he said he'd throw in a 6 month old reeflo pump and about 50ft of hd 1" spa hose if I pay the asking price. He sweetened it up I think I'm gonna bite on this. Hope fully it'll subdue my addiction for longer than this 75!

Sounds like a decent deal to me. Starphire glass is expensive. Half of new is what I would expect.

+1^

If you really want starphire, I say pull the trigger. If not, wait around. Something will eventually come up on CL.

AquaRick said:
+1^

If you really want starphire, I say pull the trigger. If not, wait around. Something will eventually come up on CL.

Yea I do! I'm going to make a wall unit to house this with tons of storage around it so the wife will be happy. I'll only want to do this once so I think I'm going to make the base cabinet big and strong enough for a 8' 300 :)

Pull the deal then I say. Starfire is really nice stuff. Also, glad you're thinking about the future lol!

Guy never responded. Good thing cause I got what I really wanted today for 300$ 180+ 3 250mh and 2 198w vho actinics

Back
Top Bottom