Got my BIO SPIRA but I used PRIME lastnight ???????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKEET

Aquarium Advice Regular
The package of Bio Sira states that ceertain ammonia removing products will kill Bio Spira,

Will PRIME (declorinator) kill the Bio Spera??????

How about Aquasafe brand????

Prime shouldn't affect it - the package says it still leaves the ammonia and nitrites available to your biological filter
I'd stick with the Prime

You need an ammonia source present to feed the bacteria in the bio-spira. You should add some fish at the same time you add the biospira. Prime will not effect it.

Thank you all so much, I put fish in last night thinking I would just make a trip to PetSmart (in the next town) today and pick up some Bio Spira, OH NO the employee I talked to there never even heard of it.

Internet searching began, found a store 72 miles away that has it in stock for 25.99 to treat up to 90 gallons.

Thanks again for answering the question so quickly>

SKEET in TEXAS

Bio-Spira can be a pain to find - in order to stock it you have to buy Marinelands "special" refridgerator, so alot of stores don't carry it.
If you DO find it make sure that the store is VERY careful to always leave it refridgerated (and never frozen). The store I went to was GREAT - they wouldn't even bring it out to me until I was actually at the cash register. And it worked like a charm :)

Back
Top Bottom