Gourami Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a pearl gourami that I recently purchased in a qt right now. I found him 4 nights ago stuck to the extra intake section at the top of my penguin 350, so I closed it. I didn't think he would survive after that night but he seems to be doing much better, however he still has redness between his gill and his eye. When I unplugged the filter to let him swim off of the intake, he could barely swim and one of his antennae was pressed firmly against his side. When I put him in the QT both sides of him were red between the gills and the eyes and that area seemed to be generally swollen. Now, I've given him a salt bath the last 2 days and changed the qt water 50% everyday. His condition seems to be improving, but when I compare him to other pearl gouramis he still doesn't look up to par. I've read so many disease descriptions and forum posts I have no idea what I'm dealing with here. I've taken several pictures of him but I don't think any really show it. Edit: The qt has a sponge filter, a cheap neon cave, some used filter media, and a heater.

Attachments

• DSCI0037.jpg
    DSCI0037.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCI0047.jpg
    DSCI0047.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCI0042.jpg
    DSCI0042.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom