Green Bubble Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SenseiSays

Aquarium Advice Regular
My little green friend was introduced to me tank yesterday, immediately he shot for the back of the tank and stayed there. I was hoping he'd move over night, but no luck. I turned the rock in order to feed him but I'm not quite sure if he's looking okay, I've had one before and I've never seen part of it shrunk in and the other side extended. Any thoughts?

image-1425548236.jpg

Looks fine to me. Let it go where it wants. Unfortunately, this is one of the drawbacks of keeping an anemone. You can't force it to do anything.

Okay, I'm actually quite happy where it's at now. Im going to be adding coral and if he likes the spot it'll be away from the coral. I've been feeding him a very little amount what do you think would be appropriate for one it's size. The last one I had was a lot bigger. Thanks for your help

Tiny pieces a couple times a week max. I really don't know how large it is from the pic, but something pea sized would be plenty for any size anemone IMO. Maybe too big for this one, but it's hard to tell. I would worry more about ample lighting than feeding. Feeding is optional, as I have seen plenty of reef keepers that never feed their anemones and they still thrive.

I don't know. Moonlights are irrelevant. How many Tubes over what size tank, and is your fixture individually reflected or is it one large, flat, reflector over all the lamps?

I have 6 t5 bulbs over a 66 gal tank, reflector is one surface

it should be plenty, However, what makes t5 lighting so effective is individual reflectors. It increases the light into the tank by quite a bit.

I have the Red Sea max 250, I'll have to check again to see if they are individual or one. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom