Green Bubble Tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

April Cherie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HELP! Hi, I'm new to the forum and a beginner reef tank owner. Two months ago I set up a 36 gallon bow front. I have 35 pounds of live rock, the tank has completed its diatom cycle, all measurable levels are where they should be. I have 2 clown fish, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 banded coral shrimp, 1 royal gramma, 1 small pulsing xenia, and 1 small kenya tree coral. Everything in the tank is thriving. My dilemma, 4 days ago I introduced a green bubble tip aninome to the tank. On day two it seemed to be turning inside out and had released from the rock it was attached to. I got it to reattach to the rock and it seemed to have recovered, although it never opened to its original size. On morning four (this morning) I awoke to find it shriveled with its mouth wide open emitting clear stringy substances. I've read enough threads that state it is eliminating (pooping). It has been doing this all day. Is this normal? How long does it normally take? I have attached a picture.

Last edited:
Two months is to soon for a nem. Minimum six months old is suggested for them. Your pic didn't upload. :(

Back
Top Bottom