GSPs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L33N

Aquarium Advice Newbie
this is a repost, becuase i posted it in the brackish section, and it got like 30views and no replies lol.. mayb somebody reading this part of the forum can help me..

this is my 1st post here!.. anyway.. i have two sub'adult GSPs at home.. thier sg is slowly climbing, so when they are grown, they will be in a 100% marine enviorment.. my question is.. what kind of salter water fish, thrive in a lower salinity ? The GSPs will be in a 100gal tank, so id like to toss in 1 or maybe 2 more fish. thank you!

-leen

Well if you're going to keep them at 100% Marine, that meaning SG of 1.023-1.025 then you can keep most large saltwater fish with them. Anything with a SG lower than that and you're really talking brackish. One of my favorite fish is the Mono Sebae, which will get along with the GSPs and can either be in totally fresh or totally saltwater but with the tendency to need to be in saltwater as they get older like most hybrid fish. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ken

Back
Top Bottom