Guppies tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedNeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok folks....I have had this guppy in the hospital tank now for 3 weeks...First was treating for fin rot with melafix...Then he started to develop a white fungus at the base of the tail, so I switched to permafix. I went camping and my mother took care of him that weekend. I came home and his tail had streamers comming off the back again. I did a 50% wc and added salt....I then went back to melafix. His tail seams better but there is still that dark growth at the base:banghead: My water condition is great. I do a 50% wc every week...sometimes more. Here is a pic...sorry he is camera shy and its my crappy phone.
60630-albums9222-picture40810.jpg

Please help! This is driving me nuts.

Here is a little better picture. Really could use some thoughts on this!
60630-albums9222-picture40997.jpg

My understanding is that when a fish is sick water changes need to be done pretty much daily. As for Melafix & Pimafix I think it says to use them together & to do water changes every 2-3 days. I'd love to give you some great advice but I've only ever done regular fairly large water changes & that did the trick for my fish.

The picture looks good because all guppies have different coloring on there tails so that could be the case

I am more worried about the growth at the base than the color. He has a fungus like growth at the base of the tail.

Back
Top Bottom