Guppy fry with mouth stuck open?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcmullm2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two guppy fry in a quarantine tank (mom died while giving birth because I had just brought her home from the pet store and was already sick/stressed) and there were originally eight fry.. I do not know why the other 6 passed away within a week of being born, but their symptoms were different.. more heavy breathing, gills inflamed, sitting at the bottom or surface.

I have been doing daily water changes, making sure the water is conditioned and aged for 24 hours, and started feeding them a bit less often and the other two have been healthy for a week until last night.. I noticed that one of them had its mouth stuck open and I figured it just had some food stuck and it would dislodge or digest naturally, but this morning she has white fuzzy stuff covering her whole mouth. I put the proper dose of Ich-X in the tank after my water change this morning and the fuzzy stuff is already subsiding, but it is still swimming around like this!

I don't know what to do, please help!

Attachments

• 2AA991D9-B514-4071-92EE-B7DA6C2FB785_1_201_a.jpeg
    2AA991D9-B514-4071-92EE-B7DA6C2FB785_1_201_a.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom