Haitian Pink tip Vs Bubble Tip Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Before anyone answers my question, I'd like to state that I don't have strong light.! I have a two fixture T5 HO light fixture. I have 2 ocellaris clowns and wanted to buy a anemone for them. I'm new to anemones so before buying an expensive one like a bubble tip, I decided to buy a Condy to see if it would do good in my tank before risking a bubble tip. I've had my pink tip Condy anemone for about a month now and its doing fine. He's turned bleach white (color when I bought him from LFS) to brown, which is a sign he is acclimating and becoming healthier than when I bought him. My question is if I were able to keep a Condy pink tip (which requires strong high lighting according to liveaquaria) will I be okay if I bought a bubble tip anemone (requires moderate to high according to liveaquaria) ?

1 month really isn't enough to tell that it is a success. Yes, it changed to a darker color, but it could bleach again. I really wouldn't.

Well, I'm probably going to wait longer I just wanted some input on this.

Anyone have any idea? Still wondering.

Jake337 said:
Anyone have any idea? Still wondering.

You will not be able to keep a bubble tip with 2 T5's your condy may not even make it long. I suggest a lighting upgrade. Also clowns do not normally host condy's. Its not very commom for clowns to ever host them.

crister13 said:
1 month really isn't long enough. You need a tank 6+ months old to keep a nem.

My tank is 6+ months old. I've had my Condy for 1 month

Schism said:
You will not be able to keep a bubble tip with 2 T5's your condy may not even make it long. I suggest a lighting upgrade. Also clowns do not normally host condy's. Its not very commom for clowns to ever host them.

Yeah I knew that they wouldn't host it but wanted to see how it would be in my tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom