Hang on back appliances???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I dont even know if there is such a thing as a hob sump or protien skimmer but heres my question is if these exist which would be the best to help clean my 110g tank along with my 100-125g filter,a hob sump,hob protein skimmer,or an hob refugium---ps--- i will get a stingray which are sloppy eaters and i hear protein skimmers are important for them.

I would say you'll need a sump with all that size. I have a hang on skimmer now but I only have a 55g. If you got a sump you could have all those things and they would be hidden underneath the tank.

No space i need a hang on when i said sump i meant a hob kind if those are even real....

I know you can get a hob skimmer, and refugium. Not sure if the skimmer would be rated for that size tank though. octopus skimmers come in a hob style and might accomodate your tank size.

stingray in a 110G? Not a good idea, much too small for a ray. They need a very large system with a large footprint for swimming room

I dont plan on keeping it for its whole life and not to worry a 110g is fine for like 2-3 of their 7 year life span

You should never, ever get any sort of fish that doesn't fit in your tank at adult size with plans of getting rid of it or upgrading later, IMO.

if you have room for a HOB skimmer you should have a room for an HOB overflow and then sump...Is it undercabinet space you're missing? Really all you need is a 30 long or something like that for a sump...

Back
Top Bottom